[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ theme_builder_area=”post_content” _builder_version=”4.17.3″ _module_preset=”default”][et_pb_row _builder_version=”4.17.3″ _module_preset=”default” theme_builder_area=”post_content”][et_pb_column _builder_version=”4.17.3″ _module_preset=”default” type=”4_4″ theme_builder_area=”post_content”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.17.3″ _module_preset=”default” theme_builder_area=”post_content” text_text_color=”#000000″ text_font_size=”20px” hover_enabled=”0″ sticky_enabled=”0″]
Do you or anyone you know need some assistance during times of an emergency event? The state of Texas presents the STEAR program. The STEAR program is a free registry that provides local emergency planners and emergency responders with additional information on the needs in their community. Texas communities use the registry information in different ways. Registering yourself in the STEAR registry DOES NOT guarantee that you will receive a specific service during an emergency. Available services will vary by community. For more information on how your community will use information in the STEAR registry, contact your local emergency management office.
Who Should Register?
- People with disabilities
- People who are medically fragile
- People with access and functional needs such as:
- People who have limited mobility
- People who have communication barriers
- People who require additional medical assistance during an emergency event
- People who require transportation assistance
- People who require personal care assistance
How to Register
- Register Online at State of Texas Emergency Assistance Registry
- Dial 2-1-1 or use your video telephone relay option of choice to contact 211 at 877-541-7905 (Texas Information Referral Network)
- Registration forms
- Nursing Home & Assisted Living STEAR Registration Form (PDF)
- STEAR Individual Registration Form (2022) (PDF)
- Registro del Estado de Texas para Asistencia en Casos de Emergencia (STEAR) 2022 (PDF)
Required Information to Register
- Phone Number
- Primary Language
Additional questions asked to capture vital information for local emergency planners and responders
- Emergency Contact Information
- Caregiver Information
- Transportation assistance for home evacuation
- Communication Barriers
- Disability, Functional or Medical Needs
Registration is VOLUNTARY
Registering for STEAR doesn’t guarantee you assistance in an emergency. By registering in STEAR you are consenting to sharing your information with first responders and other state agencies during a disaster.
For individual assistance questions, please contact your local government emergency management coordinator for more information.
City of Orange to Hold Public Hearing on Proposed Tax Increase
The City of Orange is holding a public hearing on 29 August 2023 at 5:30 PM at the Orange City Council Chambers at the Orange Public Library.
According to the notice, the proposed tax increase is under the amount that would require voter approval.
The public is invited to voice their support or opposition to the proposed tax rate at the hearing
Vidor Tennis racks up 1st District Win of Season
Meet the Cardinals 2023 a Resounding Success
The Bridge City Cardinals held their 2023 Meet the Cardinals event Monday.
All photos courtesy of Bridge City ISD